Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Streams of Consciousness: Stan & Jack, Podcastin’, and Looking Ahead

Hey everyone, I hope you all enjoyed the last month of Stan Lee and Jack Kirby reviews as much as I did! I could probably do a whole year (or more) on those two, to be honest, but in the interest of not boring everyone else to tears, I’ll be back to reviewing other things this month. But before that, I just wanted to take this chance to share a few things with you.

First of all, for the last two weeks I’ve had the pleasure of serving as a guest on the fledgling Spoiler Alert podcast – so if you’d like to hear me and a few of my friends talk about all things comics, I encourage you to give the most recent episode a listen at the official Spoiler Alert blog. We’ve had a lot of fun doing the podcast so far, and if you have any kind of feedback feel free to leave a comment on the blog or send an email to spoileralertpod@gmail.com!

I also wanted to mention that I’ve noticed a decline in the number of comments around here for the last few weeks, and I’m trying to come up with more ways to get people involved and discussing comics. As much as I enjoy the review-writing process in and of itself, I enjoy it a lot more when I get feedback from you guys. So if you have any ideas, or if there are particular creators, characters, or series you’d like me to write about in the future, I’m 100% open to suggestions. I haven’t fully decided what I’m going to be reviewing for the next few weeks yet, so if there’s something you’d like to see just let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

I think that’s about it for now. Please check out Spoiler Alert and let us know what you think!

7 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have a new digital release I would like for you to consider reviewing/promoting on your fine site.
    It's a Miami crime-noire tale called The Bends: One Shot.

    The intended audience is mature.

    ( available here for now: http://graphicly.com/exit-inc/the-bends-one-shot/1 )

    I would like to send you a PDF of the completed work for your review/consideration.

    Here are some sample pages:
    http://charlespazos.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/i-am-now-a-published-author/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw this site and it looks good but don't see where anyone has been on here in a long time. If you are still checking in I thought you would like to know of a book called With Great Power. It just came out and it is a series of short stories that follows an issue of Amazing Fantasy #15 from the day it is bought in 1962 to the present and tells how it influences the lives of each of its owners. You can get it at http://www.lulu.com/shop/rick-l-phillips-and-ron-athey-and-chris-brockow-and-paul-castiglia/with-great-power/paperback/product-20698936.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rick,

    I am indeed still alive (as evidenced by the speed of this reply!), but I've found myself without the time to maintain this site properly for a while. I'd like to get back to posting again at some point, but I'm not sure when that will happen. (I do still update the timeline on occasion, though.)

    At any rate, your book looks very interesting, and I appreciate the link. I'm sure there are a lot of comic book fans who will be interested -- best of luck!

    Marc

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Marc. I hopw you find time to post in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey just stumbled onto this site, and wanted to tell Marc thank you for everything that you've already done, really an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Shorty! You found this blog at an interesting time -- let's just say it may not be completely dead. ;) In the meantime, I'm proud of both the quality and quantity of what I've been able to do here. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to hear you're still kicking for now! Looking forward to any updates you may release man :)

    ReplyDelete