Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A Timeline Update

If you’ve arrived here by way of another website, then welcome! My thanks go out to the Collected Editions blog, Chris Marshall at the Collected Comics Library (who mentioned the Marvel Trade Paperback Timeline in this week’s podcast), and others who have linked here. Feedback about the timeline has been great so far, and I’m glad that everyone seems to be enjoying it. Again, if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please leave a comment (either on this post or the previous one) or send me an email!

Last night I made some small, but significant, changes to the existing timeline. One of the aims I initially had was to clear up some of the confusion around the many trade paperbacks that have had their contents later repackaged and reprinted in other books – oftentimes, either in oversized hardcovers or Marvel’s massive Omnibus collections. With that in mind, I’ve added additional information (and Amazon links!) for a number of books, including Daredevil: Guardian Devil and Amazing Spider-Man: Coming Home, which have been re-collected in hardcovers or in bigger “Ultimate Collection” trades. I hope this will make it easier for people to find exactly what they’re looking for on the timeline itself, without having to do a ton of outside research just to find out what’s collected in some of these books.

This is also probably one of the last major posts you’ll see about the timeline here in the main blog at With Great Power. I’ve always intended for this to be a review blog, and that’s what it will continue to be first and foremost. At some point I may set up another, smaller blog for the purpose of posting updates about the timeline, in which case I’ll post a link here. Either way, you can be sure that I’ll continue to update and expand the timeline as time goes on, and that I’ll do my best to keep up with all of your comments and emails about it.

Well, that’s it for now – I’ll see you again on Friday for another review. Until then, have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment